1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

In November, 700 Intercontinental Weapons Were Launched Against the USA?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by ETC(SS), Feb 3, 2023.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    With Western weapons and support, the Ukrainians appear to be doing OK against the Russians. I'd rather we send weapons than bodies.

Bob Wilson

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    NIMBY.
    See also:
    False Binary.

We're practicing selective outrage because the CHICOMS want to build a listening station in Cuber, 90 miles away....something I think would benefit the US more than the CCP btw....
    We had a chance to fix that several times over the last 3 Presidents, and it looks like no matter what happens next year we may have a re-run of one of the more unfortunate of the recent ones.

Meanwhile we also promised NATO membership to the Ukies in 2008 back when we promised that we loved them and we would still respect them in the morning.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukraine%E2%80%93NATO_relations.
    We shanked the Ukies in 2014 in the eastern provinces when we pretended that the LGMs were 'separatists' before they became more organized (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagner_Group ,) and now we're pretending that we really dig them again.

I am in no way excusing what the Russians have been doing since 2000!!!
    I'm a proud Cold War vet and I've HEARD active Soviet sonar inside a submarine without needing a sonar set.
    I AM a little off-put by my nation's transactionalism in this conflict and the notion that the only good Rooskie is a dead Rooskie.
    Since we seem to be living in upside-downville lately just remember who is going to PAY for all of that hardware when the tab comes due.
    I pray military spending is as popular THEN as it seems to be lately.

Keep sending the stuff.
    Just remember what might happen as a result.
    Eastern Europe looks a whole heck of a lot NOW like Western Europe did in 1915.....

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    A lot of that equipment is past its expiration date. Now our manufacturers are busy making the next versions using the lessons learned. Russia is doing the same:
    • Sending out of date armored vehicles (we call targets)
    • Sending out of date artillery, a lot (we call targets)
    • Sending out of date tactics, we call dead, wounded, captured, and surrendered
    Personally, I think it is the best thing that can happen to country of kleptomaniacs ranging from the top, church, media, and down to the lowest level private.
    upload_2023-7-2_12-11-15.png

Communism ended when the Russians briefly decided to tell the truth. That may be the post Putin legacy.

Bob Wilson

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i suppose the only option would be to disavow our government, give up citizenship and leave the country