1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

In our situation ... Buy Now or Wait?

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by Husker4theSpurs, May 3, 2021.

1. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well everyone, just back from an 1870 mile drive home from Massachusetts to Nebraska. My father-in-law flew out with me and we had a quick but beautiful drive back. Some thoughts on the car ...

For reference ... had an '08 Touring and a 2 '10 Package Vs (similar to touring) ... been driving luxury cars since those for the most part.

This is a much better road trip car than my previous 2010s. Still a bit noisy road noise wise, etc. but much improved (duh, it should be from a 2010). Last stretch from KC achieved 55mpg at 75mph. Felt plenty powerful although we all know that's not what these cars are about. Seemed to stay in EV mode more easily than I'd figured at high speeds.

The car is lower getting in and out than I recalled from the past generation. Seating position wise it didn't feel any lower but getting in and out definitely felt so. Seats were decently comfortable.

The different screens in the upper center display don't seem as functional as they could be but I need to do more playing around. Still like the location of those gauges.

The large infotainment screen is a bit of a mess imho. Useful enough but could be much better. CarPlay feels small. Not very intuitive. The glare we all complain about. It's fine but could be much better. For God's sake just give us a volume KNOB at least!

Cargo space feeling like less of a sacrifice than I'd anticipated. Back seat very decent sized. Impressed by headroom overall. Don't miss a sunroof and has me wondering why I ever think I need one.

The black interior is less disappointing than I'd assumed (I preferred Moonstone, but it's hard to find). Always think the lighter headliner helps with spaciousness feel.

Now I just need to get it registered and get the windows tinted. Thanks to everyone on here for the help and assistance during this process! Just can't beat the value this car provides!

pghyndman, dig4dirt, bisco and 4 others like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats! good thing you got it when you did, all the best!(y)

Husker4theSpurs likes this.
  3. dig4dirt

dig4dirt MoonGlow

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats!
    and congrats on a dealer discount!!!

What color/trim did you scarf up?

4. Husker4theSpurs

Husker4theSpurs Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Limited Wind Chill/Black ... just what we wanted. :) Thanks all!

dig4dirt likes this.