1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

In Over My Head P1121 and P0A93

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Sam Stone, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Fabiolado

Fabiolado New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    How can I bled all the air out of the system?

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    1. open the radiator cap and make sure the coolant is full.
    2. run the car with the radiator cap off, top off as it gets lower. (I have a special funnel to keep air from going in and coolant full)
    3. once the car is warmed up, turn on the heater to high
    4. open the bleeder valve (it's next to the inverter) and allow air to bleed. It's best to attach a 5/16 hose (I believe that's the size) to the bleeder valve so coolant does get all over the place.

Repeat the process a few times if needed. For the next few mornings, when the car is cool, check the radiator to make sure it's full, top off if needed.

3. mr_guy_mann

mr_guy_mann Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    If you are talking about the bleeder screw directly in front of the inverter, that is for the inverter cooling system, not the ICE system.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You are correct, that one is the one for inverter coolant. The one for the radiator should be further towards the front of the car. I get confused on those 2 bleeder valves.