1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

In park wheels off ground still rotating.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Tombukt2, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    So I can rotate my wheels in park ? So if I lowered jacks car would roll away?. Is theyre a code for no park condition? Just put engine n trans in this car . If I jog the driver side wheel I can see the engine trans move fore n aft. Maybe 1/8 inch a tad more. All is tight . Mounts etc . Trans has new cvt oil in . Wen car shuts off now I hear this same sound as jogging driver wheel in jacked up condition

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If you are in Park with both front wheels raised, you should be able to turn either front wheel, and see the other front wheel turn the same speed in the opposite direction. That's just what the differential does, and it doesn't indicate any problem with the park mechanism. It doesn't mean the car would roll on the street; that would only happen if the two wheels could rotate in the same direction.

3. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Okay so it acts like a regular differential kind of cool just making sure because I noticed when I jog the wheel back and forth it's making the same kind of clunky noise from between the engine and transmission I haven't jacked up my 2010 to see if it makes the same noise it's on the road

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Latest codes 5 min ago ​

5. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model: