1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

in praise of the little things

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by fgp, Sep 24, 2012.

1. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    i have had the phantom for a few months now and am still loving it. this is not my first by a long shot but it seems that it has evolved into a very nice vehicle. one of the little touches that i really love are the drl daytime running lights. they are bright, cold white and definitely get other drivers attention! they are not big nor do they wrap around the head lights like others, but they get the job done in a direct simple effective way.
    today i had the remote start added thanks to a bonus from where i work. i actually had one on an older prius and it was ok. i notice that this one seems to have a little more distance and feels less finicky.
    it gets better and better:cool:
    fred from nashville

2. Miata Racer

Miata Racer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Your Prius looks exactly like ours. I also think the LED DRLs are cool, also the "spotlight" on the console at night from the ceiling. Of course the digital readouts and screens, too - like driving a video game :)

The best part is definitely the MPG :cool:

3. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    thanks for your comments racer. i like that little shifter light as well. im also one of the few that likes the beeps. they really are very informative and one actually saved my car from a potential slow speed dent when i almost walked away with the car still in drive but was alerted by loud steady beep . i mentioned that i had remote start put on a couple of days ago and am still testing the distance capabilities. on an open parking lot it is very very good estimating somewhere around 100 feet. i will find out this am how it is with an enclsed driveway no windows.

4. Miata Racer

Miata Racer Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Don't remote start it in a closed garage....

5. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    no no you are right. dont have a garage . its just that i park against the side of the house that has no window and my house is part brick.

6. Larsenvega

Larsenvega Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    And since we're handing out obvious advice here, remember to never pee on an electric fence.

7. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    unless its not plugged in