1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

In the coming weeks... Jaun DeFuca...

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by amm0bob, Jan 4, 2013.

1. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The quiet plate edge is overdue for a major break... I think it will be big enough to cause real destruction... on our west coast specifically.

While it is true I haven't called it on the last one... I am real uneasy about the quell in shaking that has come about these last weeks.

I told my friend in Brookings to pull the boat out and bring it up onto the hill... I don't think it will be safe on it's trailer either, but at least I won't have to fish it out of the drink like the folks did in the marina when the tsunami came in last time. I told the renters to have a bag ready in case they hear the sirens, and to get the hell out of there when they feel the shaking subside, because it is like 8-10 minutes before they'll be inundated by the sea.

Of course my frau thinks I'm nuts... but hey, if I was Italian, and didn't say something, I'd be up on charges afterwards...

[​IMG]http://earthquake.usgs.gov/basemap/tiles/faults/L01/R00000000/C00000001.png

2. fuzzy1

fuzzy1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    amm0bob likes this.
  3. amm0bob

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
  4. amm0bob

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Looking over the last few weeks, doesn't make me any more comfortable... quite a lul here... and no, I still haven't put the boat back in the water.

The frau says I am just a nervous-nellie...

I still think the big one will be coming shortly on that overdue faultline, and that the coast will be resculpted by the sinking land from the rebound of the crust/shoreline - like is was several hundred years ago.

5. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm watching the seals at pier 39 in SF...