1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

In the market for a new Prius, need advice.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by jamessicat408, Nov 16, 2011.

1. direstraits71

direstraits71 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    No need to buy the extended warranty at purchase time. Save your money until you get close to the 3 year or 36000 mile point. That is the end of the factory all inclusive warranty. Then if you decide to buy it, buy online through Troy on this site. See: http://priuschat.com/forums/sponsor...s-extended-warranty-service-contracts-36.html read post 1403

One door smartkey is standard for trims 2 and 3 and 3 door smartkey for trims 4 and 5

2. WolfButtByte

WolfButtByte New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    JS......

You-all are missing a great place to buy cars.....E-BAY MOTORS.

I have bought my last 3 cars on E-Bay Motors. Mega Dealerships are low-balling prices on E-Bay.

I just bought a Royal Met. Blue 2010 Prius with 5,480 miles for 15K.

Yep ! cheaper than a new H. Accent stripped down econo box !

I bought it on E Bay Motors from a North Hollywood Prius shop that buys Prius's from insurance Companies and fixes them up.

My Prius had a minor fender ' owie ' .....they replaced the fender, painted it and I bought it for 15K.

Sure, it comes with a salvage title....so what ?

NEVER buy a salvage-titled-car where the air bags were deployed. Make sure you ask if ANY of the air bags were deployed ?

Go to E-Bay Motors and under the ...' CARS AND TRUCKS ' page type in ... " Salvage Prius ' or just type in ' Prius ' and hit the search button.........see what comes up ?

I had to go 275 miles by Amtrak to the Union Station in LA to meet the sales-kid from the Prius shop. It was an experience because they were filming a movie in the 1940's Union Train Station.

I had to stand on the sidewalk outside the station and wait for the salesman to find me.

While I was waiting, I noticed 12 to 20 bright yellow Prius Yellow- Cabs zooming around the train station.

I asked my, just-arrived, Prius sales kid ..." What is with all the Prius cabs around Union Station ?

He said the City of LA has a go-green program for its taxi's.

He then stated :

" THE PRIUS LA CABS BUY PARTS FROM HIS PRIUS-SHOP AND THAT ALOT OF THE LA TOYOTA PRIUS CABS HAVE OVER 300,000 MILES ON THEM ! "

How cool is that for a Toyota Pruis reliability statement ?

Party On......
    Jimmy-Joe

3. Rebound

Rebound Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    SmartKey is standard for all trims, but it's only on driver's door on Prius II. I think you have to go to Prius IV for SmartKey on driver door/passenger door and hatch.

To explain: SmartKey doesn't only start the car. It also lets you open and lock all doors by touching the door handle, with the keys in your pocket. This is an awesome feature. Imagine you have a armload of groceries, and you don't have to reach into your pocket for the key fob, you just touch the hatch and it unlocks.