1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

In the shop for 29 days !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by shar1950, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    In that case, I wonder how long the newly-assembled engine will last. Who knows if the head bolts were properly torqued, just for example. Or, whether the engine and inverter coolants were properly filled and purged of air.

Further if the car has been operating this way from day one, how much damage did that cause to the catalytic converter?

2. shar1950

shar1950 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello galaxee.....who is DH ? just wondering!!!
    Can some-one tell me why the dealership installed a very small push button switch that is going to the OBD11 connector plug ? It is located just under the stering wheel column,right where you have 3 push-out plastic holes. I use to have my scanguage working before and after I got the car back it will not connect,just keeps trying to connect. Why would they do this ? Can I just remove it ? I can't see which wires it is spliced into.

3. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Is it a new button? It sounds like you're talking about the SKS/TPMS buttons based on the location. Can you take a picture so that we can see what you mean?

ScanGauge connectivity may not be related to any of this. Sometimes it can't automatically detect the right protocol so you have to manually set it to CAN.

4. shar1950

shar1950 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ok... here is a picture of that new switch,anyone know what it is for ??[​IMG]

5. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    it's just me again for the next week or so- but DH was telling me how one who knows what they're doing would properly take out and replace a camshaft, vs how someone who did not know their stuff would do it- which results in shearing off a pin for the vvt-i. this is a common enough issue that the parts are generally kept in stock.

that's far more complicated of a task than torquing head bolts, so let's hope the simple stuff was taken care of.

shar, DH is my dear husband. he used to be a dealer diagnostic tech.

6. shar1950

shar1950 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can some-one let me know what a sks/tpms is for, they just put one in when the car was getting fixed for the engine problem ?

7. shar1950

shar1950 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    some how I screwed up the 3 rth page,trying to ensert a picture,please help.

8. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Suggest you delete your file attachment to post #24, then see if that helps this page.

9. bedrock8x

bedrock8x Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    You insert a link to the picture in your pc's hard drive. It does not work because your pc is not a server.

You need to upload the picture to your account through the 'Management Attachment' in the attach files section after click on go advance.

10. brick

brick Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

SKS = smart key system. This button disables smart key so that the battery doesn't run down while the car sits unused for an extended period of time.

TPMS = tire pressure monitoring system. This button resets the system when the tire pressure is changed.

Neither of these things would have been added by the dealer. The buttons reside below the steering column on cars so-equipped.