1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

In your opinion, is the demise of print newspaper good for the environment?

Discussion in 'Environmental Discussion' started by burritos, Mar 25, 2009.

1. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My cat has recently taken to sticking her head into the toilet when I pee. She is going to get her head soaked one of these times.

Tom

2. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Actually most cats do that. They're trying to figure out just what the hell you're doing to their drinking fountain. I only wish my cats would figure out the toilet is a very handy way to cleanly get rid of the many bodily excretions.

If my cats used the toilet instead of the litter boxes, it would free up most of my day spent scooping tootsie rolls and little pee golf balls.

3. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You can teach a cat to use a toilet instead of a litter box. There are kits available or you can make your own stuff.
    • Move the litter box to the bathroom
    • Move the litter box to the height of the toilet then onto the toilet
    • Replace the litter box with a pan that goes under the toilet seat
    • Cut a hole in the center of the pan.
    • Gradually increase the size of the hole while decreasing the amount of litter.
    • Eventually your cat is using the toilet.

We trained our cat to use the toilet when I was a kid. The problem is that it doesn't work nearly as well as it sounds. When a cat uses a litter box it covers the waste with litter which contains most of the oder. When a cat uses a toilet you have cat turds floating until you come by to flush the toilet. The smell was horrendous. We would come home and the entire house would reek. It only took a few months of this before the cat was back to using a litter box.

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Ok, litter box it is ... tootsie rolls and all