1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inauguration Excess while world suffers

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Robert Taylor, Jan 21, 2005.

1. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There are so many toss-pot dictators out there I have a hard time keeping track of them. Let's not forget that the Rwandan Genocide appears to have been sanctioned, or at least covered up, by Kofi Annan. That barely got a peep in the mass media.

With countries like Zimbabwe and Rwanda, there is a very deliberate and methodical plan to starve the majority into submission. As you may recall, that policy worked very well for Stalin. Never say never here, if foreign powers toppled our government, within a year we'd be scrounging through garbage dumps to find food.

An important point in all of this is that all political decisions - good and bad - must be put under the microscope so the bad decisions never happen again. Too much is at stake, and not just money. So I tend to hold my political leaders accountable for their transgressions.

That's hard to do in Canada. Unlike the United States, here in Canada the Senate is appointed by the ruling majority, they are NOT an elected body. According to recent "public opinion" polls - and don't get me started on THOSE - around 1/5 Canadians prefer it that way. I find that very chilling.

Sometimes, an apologist will "see the light" and expose the lies. A good example is the Christopher Hitchens book "No One Left To Lie To: The Values Of The Worst Family." I'm still amazed that Slick could do whatever he wanted, even BJ's in the Oval Office (Technically, they were UNDER the Oval Office), and most folks swooned at him.

Anybody catch that news blurb from that Al Queada strongman? He has given "official" pronouncement that free elections are directly in conflict with Islam.

Oooookaaaaaay.

2. metamatic

metamatic Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    The point about Clinton's blow jobs, is that he wasn't elected to hump Hillary. Getting a blow job was not detrimental to his ability to do the job he was elected to do, and should never have become a public policy issue. After all, Bush Senior's marital infidelity never became a big issue, did it?

Now, Bush Junior on the other hand... his decades of heavy drinking are, he says, over--but the "pretzel" incident makes the claim rather suspect. And if he's still getting wasted the way he admits he was into his *40s* then his ability to do the job is in question.

3. tag

tag Senior Member

:pukeright:Blecch!! :pukeleft:

Well, at least thanks for waiting until after the dinner hour to post that.

4. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    My big problem with Slick is that a lot of the things he took "credit" for didn't have anything to do with him. As Hitchens pointed out, Slick was quite good at Spin, way better than Dubya.