1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inconsolable - Need Gen1 Help

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by teachxxi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. seilerts

seilerts Battery Curmudgeon

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    P3130 is Inverter Cooling malfunction, usually it is the pump. It is possible that the dealer replaced a bad IC pump but then did not bleed the system properly, making it seem as though the inverter was to blame. I wonder what happened to teachxxi.

2. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I wonder if he cannot find the new post location? I had to use search to find it. To teachXXI, if you are up to it, your problem is incredibly easy and cheap to fix as a "Do it yourself project" There are many 12V batteries that will work ( with modification ) Reading the other day about a transmission change, he mentioned, I think, three bolts holding the inverter! By the way he did this himself in 20 degree weather in a carport! It is a sticky, I believe......Great Reading! First tho, check the total facts on the inverter pump! Was it changed? is it under warranty? How liable is the dealer you bought the car from??? Contact Toyota Corp Headquarters for advice. Andy :cheer2: If.......you still need a inverter, there is one on sale at Ebay for $550 with free shipping!

3. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Oh, Thanks much Andy for the tip :mad:

4. andyprius

andyprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    End of thread, apparently the OP died of gratitude to the advice from this site. Too bad. Please give no more advice, it's mortal.