1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Incorrect Range Information

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Nicaaz, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Nicaaz

Nicaaz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Alpha
    Model:
    N/A
    it's showing 7km left with 2 bars

Anyone has this problem with their prius V?

[​IMG]

2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It is not a problem. It is to prevent fools from running out of gas and potentially destroying the HV battery with highspeed emergency EV use.

The car says you should fill up in 7km. It will continue to work for maybe 100km with 0km showing on the dial.

JimboPalmer has a great way of thinking about it:

So the 0 range at 2 pips seems to be automatically geared towards spousal relationships. When the car says 0 at 2 pips fill up unless you can live with the consequences. You should always have an extra amount of gas handy. You could be coming home on the 401 and a tanker overturns stranding you in one of the lanes for 6 hours while they remove the truck. If you were running on fumes, that would be a horrible experience and you would probably need a tow from the middle of the 401. If you had 100km of reserve, you can sit idly in READY for a long while.

F8L likes this.
  3. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I've seen 4 miles remaining at zero pips.

4. sURFNmADNESS

sURFNmADNESS Prii Family

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Yup. I have had mine read 9 miles left and had the last led blinking.

BTW, I have had the problem of my speedometer reading KM too. I just simply hit the big MILE/KM button on the dash to correct it. ;)

5. schmuly

schmuly Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    You also get a loud "bing" and a gas light icon comes the dash, we have traveled 35km after that to a gas station (with spare full gas can in back) filled the prius up , subtracted the number on gallons from what the tank holds in the manual and it showes we still had 1.25 gal left in the tank. Roughly 60 miles or 100km left in the tank.
    This was in the US just south of where we live. I know I heard that the fuel pump needs gas for cooling but doesn't the gas that it draws through the fuel line cool the pump?

6. vlady

vlady Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I just put 10.8 gallons. drove 50miles after last bar disappeared. 2 bars somewhere in 75-100 miles range. Reset trip after fill up. There are 3 different trips and sometime you get confused