1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Increased battery capacity after changing fuse from Toyota recall. Is this a good thing?

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Prius78, Feb 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prius78

Prius78 New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base

I recently took my 2013 Prius Plug in to the dealer to get the high power fuse replaced with the car as per the recall notice. Before the fuse was replaced my battery would show 12.4 miles on a full charge. I charged it after the dealership with my level one charger overnight and nothing changed the following morning. I drove the car and charged the car at a level 2 charger at the mall and when I was leaving the battery read 13.9 Miles for my EV range. It has consistently charged up to 13.9 miles with my level one charger now as well.

While I appreciate the extra range. My understanding is lithium ion batteries shouldn't charge and discharge fully as this will decrease battery life. I've read they should only be charged to 80% of their true capacity to preserve the battery life. Has anyone come across this happening to them? Any ideas why it changed?

Thank You.
    David

2. iplug

iplug Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Please see:
    Recall for Prius Plugin fuse :) | PriusChat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.