1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Increasing Prius clearance/ lift kit

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Onikally, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Onikally

Onikally Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Hi all!

I need to figure out a way to increase the ride height and clearance of my 2012 Prius v two (wagon). I'm scrapping the ground when I'm going into my apartment and I hate being so low to the ground. (I learned to drive on a Denali and have been in similar trucks since. I know a Prius v will never be that high but I would like it to be a little higher than where I'm at now)

Before I get the suggestions:
    1. I'm not going to petition for my apartment complex to add some sort of paving/ mini ramp to the drive way

2. I'm not planning on moving

3. I can't afford 20k to buy a Rav 4 hybrid and I really like my car anyway

4. I'm not putting footballs in my springs lol

5. Please save all other suggestions that don't have to do with lifting my Prius v. I've gone through all the old threads so there is no need to repeat them here

6. I saw "prius trolls jeep" but I cant figure out exactly what lift kit that is. Also, I'm not sure which one is the decent one on ebay vs. the one that failed and blew out in someone's car in a past thread. (Tema 4x4 or Rising turing or something else)

I am also considering buying bigger tires as a solution. I know that will mess with the speedometer/ odometer but I'm not sure if I can get bigger tires that wont end up scrapping the sides of the wheel area without getting a lift kit.

Also, what suspension concerns do I need to worry about? Are there other parts I can replace to address those?

Thanks!

Priusjames likes this.
  2. PriusOffroad

PriusOffroad Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    This might steer you in the right direction. Www.priusoffroad.com

Priusjames likes this.
  3. PriusOffroad

PriusOffroad Active Member