1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Indiana Prius Club

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by kettledrum, Jun 10, 2007.

1. mseebode

mseebode New Member

Dave,

My prius is expected in October 26th. I'm looking forward to the next event - please be sure to post future events so I can plan ahead. I can't wait to meet everyone!

Monica

2. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The Engine Block Heater installs are currently scheduled for Saturday October 6th at 4 PM.

PM me for directions.

Monica, there is also an install meet happening in Cincy on Sunday the 7th.

3. milhouse

milhouse New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks to kettledrum's recuiting I've tagged this thread and will keep an eye on it. Hopefully I can make the EBH install!

4. mseebode

mseebode New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kettledrum @ Sep 27 2007, 12:19 PM) [snapback]518502[/snapback]</div>
    Where is the Cincy install meet? I won't have my Prius yet, but I'll take notes!

5. FireEngineer

FireEngineer Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MonicaMS @ Sep 27 2007, 01:00 PM) [snapback]518570[/snapback]</div>
    Monica, PM bestmapman for the info on the 7th. When you get there I'll show you how it's done.

Wayne

6. the schwenkster

the schwenkster New Member

Are there any events planned for the future? My fiancée and I bought a new 2008 Prius on the 20th. I don't know if she would be as willing to meet up as I would be being a car guy in general but I would be interested in a meet if there are any planned in the future.

7. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Schwenk @ Oct 26 2007, 11:32 AM) [snapback]530708[/snapback]</div>
    Welcome to PriusChat Schwenk and congrats on your new Prius!

We don't have anything planned yet for our next meet. We may try to squeeze something in before the holidays...

PM me your email address and I will add you to the email distribution list so that you will be included in any communications about future events.

8. mseebode

mseebode New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kettledrum @ Oct 26 2007, 12:50 PM) [snapback]530745[/snapback]</div>
    I finally picked my 2008 prius this week. I love it! I can't wait to drive the 11+ hours from upstate NY to Cincinnati!

Monica

9. CatahoulaB

CatahoulaB Redneck Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SuperDave @ Sep 19 2007, 03:31 PM) [snapback]514941[/snapback]</div>

Hey I just got my Prius here in Hamburg (Batesville area) and would like to "join"
    Please sign me up, include me, let me know etc...

Thanks!

10. mbarlow

mbarlow Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I'm late to the thread, but I'm stuck down here in Kentucky and would like to hook up at the next G-T-G. I was in a very active Passat group and we frequently combined with the Indy enthusiasts.

Columbus IN is a cool town with some excellent architecture, parks and gathering spots for drive-ins, cook outs, etc. Its conveniently located between Indy, Louisville and Cincy. While we were there last fall we ran into a Porsche 914 gathering and there was Lotus gathering on another occasion. Weird!

Steve at AutoBeYours.com is a national resource for Prius automobiles and lives about 20 miles south of Columbus. We might be able to coerce him to join us for an amazing technical discussion. He knows his Prii!

How about an Indi-ucky gathering this spring? contact me at [email protected] if I can help.

11. bestmapman

bestmapman 04, 07 ,08, 09, 10, 16, 21 Prime

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I am up for that, I am on the Kentucky side of Cincinnati. Lets set a date. The get together we had in October was great. So count me in.

12. imwoody36

imwoody36 the prius parts guy

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I could be interested, We could host also. everyone gets a free AutoBeYours.com ink pen.
    We have repaired or parted out 84 pruii to date.
    visit our website for amazing new developments in the plug in community

13. SuperDave

SuperDave Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey all, spring looks to be here. I would like to purpose that we have a get together in the next couple of weeks, something informal maybe a dinner/get together one evening to generate interest and talk Hybrids. I think some where in Indianapolis area would be a good central location. This could be a great chance to meet other Hybrid-Hypermilers in the area. It would be open to anyone who has a interest in Hybrids and or fuel savings.

I am planning on going to Hybridfest again this year and this would be a good opportunity for others to discuss going as well.

I am open as to the day and time, if anyone has interest in joining in please contact me to show you support. If I do not recieve enough interest maybe we will plan something later.

Thanks
    Dave
    [email protected]

14. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Over the last several years I have attended "Billy Sunday Day" in Winona Lake, IN. Last year there was a bit of an informal car show as it was a lunch stop for a vintage car rally. If an "event" can be scheduled there or somewhere along the way as I'm passing through I'd be happy to attend.

15. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    This certainly doesn't have to take the place of a regular group meeting (we definitely need to have one soon), but I was just thinking that if anyone else was planning on attending the Earth Day Indiana festival this upcoming weekend in downtown Indy we could schedule a time and place to meetup there and chat for a bit.

Home How do I get this to not say home??? It's a link to the Earth Day Indiana site which has a exhibits map.

If anyone is interested I would propose at to meet at 12 PM where the hybrid vehicle / alt. fuel cars are set up. We could grab something to eat and talk.

16. kettledrum

kettledrum Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Guess either this was too short of notice or there's not much interest right now. Received a couple of couldn't come replies but that was it.

We'll try to plan a dedicated hybrid event soon, instead of just meeting at a larger event.

I'll still be at Earth Day so if you see some tall guy in a Colts hat with a wife and toddler, it could be me. Although that could describe a lot of people there!

17. diamondlarry

diamondlarry EPA MPG #'s killer

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I guess I've missed this thread somehow.:redface: If there were to be a meet on a Saturday I might be able to make it. At my hypermiling speeds though, the Anderson area might take me all day.:p

18. michael123

michael123 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Sounds great...

19. bestmapman

bestmapman 04, 07 ,08, 09, 10, 16, 21 Prime

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    If it were a little closer to me let's say Shelbyville, I'd come.

20. walk6776

walk6776 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    We would be interested in any future meet-ups. Keep us posted on the site.

Thanks!