1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Info Request re: Ultragauge or other scangauge alternatives

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by johnmaso, Sep 20, 2011.

1. johnmaso

johnmaso New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    First, thank you in advance for pointing me in the right direction. I have tried to search the forums here to no avail. It seems there is very limited info regarding the ultragauge on the prius.

I know that in the FAQ it says that it *may" turn off with the ICE, I was just wondering if anyone had any experience on how much of an effect this is. This is, perhaps my biggest hesitation in buying this product. For $59 USD, it offers a lot of features.

Another option is to use a smartphone application. Unfortunately, I use WM7 (which I love!), and has no OBDii app support. There are tons in the android market however, my only android phone is a G1 (upgraded to Froyo 2.2). I downloaded the Torque app and it looks ok. It is a bit laggy on this old platform, and the screen is kind of small, but still bigger than a scangauge.

I have also looked at the Priidash and use my atom n450 based netbook planted on the dash. (Although looking at the install process seems a bit of a work).

In anycase, any input would definitely help!

Thank you!

I guess my question is should I buy an ebay USB OBDii/bluetooth with the G1 or get the ultragauge.

2. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    In case you are not aware, you can import the custom PIDs to show comprehensive list of hybrid specific information in Torque app.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. dustoff003

dustoff003 Blizzard Brigade #003

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
  4. johnmaso

johnmaso New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Thanks! I am really down to 2 choices: the Torque app and the Priidash. I have one more question if you do not mind. Does the torque app support a USB-OBD2 connection (connected to the Mini USB of my phone/android device) instead of the bluetooth OBD?

Thank you once again!

5. johnmaso

johnmaso New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  6. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Not to my knowledge. From the setting screen, it is either Bluetooth or WiFi connection.

1 person likes this.
  7. Jaquimo

Jaquimo Paraglider, Prius glider...

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    1 person likes this.