1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

initial with 30miles when purchased

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by NewType, Jun 4, 2005.

1. brandon

brandon Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    7 miles on mine when I picked it up October 2004. They put a full tank of gas in it before I took delivery, so assuming the dealer received it with 2-3 miles on it, it works out about right.

2. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    mine/ours had 1 mile... gas & a wash, I guess... had a sign that read.. Mr. & Mrs Andersen on the windshield and car was in VIP parking, when we drove up... the sign was gone when we came out after signing the paper work...

Bob Andersen

3. evander

evander Junior Member

I was shocked to see mine had 141 miles! No doubt it was the test car on the lot even though there were 2 other Priuses. I even heard from a man in the waiting room (a couple weeks later when I had seat covers installed ) that he was given a Prius as a loaner. Wonder if it was mine. So far no problems at all and I'm nearing 2000 miles.

4. majordude

majordude Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(evander\";p=\"95843)</div>
    141?! To me, that is TOO much. You are definately not the first, second, or even third person to drive that. It was USED by many people.

:crazyeyes:

Did you at least get a discount because it was a demonstrator?

5. evander

evander Junior Member

Unfortunately, no. I saw the mileage on the papers as I was signing, thought of renegotiating, and didn't. Assumed since car was in high demand and of high interest, it was driven by several. I will bring the matter up at the first oil change just out of principle.

6. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I had 12 miles on mine. Obviously some had driven it, as I myself test drove it before I bought it.

7. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
  8. Jared

Jared Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    11 miles on our Silver package #5. There is also a very tiny stone chip on the windshield - not worth bothering about.

9. Tadashi

Tadashi Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    mine had 10 and the wife's had 19. Mine was supposely brand new off the truck (maybe someone got a test ride right after it was delivered and I picked it up). My wife and I and another person got a test drive in my wife's car before we bought it.

10. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    5 Miles
    and in America for about 5 hours.
    I picked it up at Carson Toyota and the car was right of the dock in Long Beach.
    When I arrived everything was still sealed in plastic, (floor mats, cargo cover, misc bits) I watched them do the prep while I was signing.

11. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hmmm i had less than a mile on it and my salesman said it was because he took it and put gas in it.

12. wilco

wilco New Member

Mine had 3 km (just under 2 miles) when I picked it up. Since I had the dealer order it from the factory, and was paying MSRP, I asked him not to let it go out on any test drives.

The two that I test drove had 10 and 30 miles respectively. A third had about 150 miles on it which they were willing to knock $200 off for. For me the make or break point is 50 miles.

13. Liam

Liam New Member

Mine had 3 miles, the sales person told me she drove it around the block a few times and put gas in it. She wanted to make sure everything was ok with the car before I picked it up.

I bought a new Dodge work truck a few years ago with about 70 miles on it, there was a certificate in the glove box that said it had been driven 62 miles because it had been pulled off the assembly line as part of a random quality control check program.

14. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    have to agree with Ray. i got this car so i wouldnt have to warm up the car. sitting there until the ICE shuts off is not what i want to do. i like to see if i can get out of the parking lot BEFORE the ICE starts... also i believe this is like many cars in that it should be driven conservatively for at least a few minutes at first. i will say that this car warms up faster than most cars i have driven although i must admit that i have very little experience with cold weather as the previous winter here was the mildest i have ever experienced here.

some observations, my first 5 mins in the morning average 20-25 while in the evening when leaving work (I work 10's so dont leave till 7-7:30 PM) its warmer and the car has been sitting in the sun all day and my first 5 mins is 35-40 mph. i only have an 8 mile commute so i dont get back to where i started on the way to work. but usually i will be within a few tenths by the time i get home and if i make a quick stop somewhere on the way home i can get back to where i started or even add a few tenths to my mpg's

15. NuShrike

NuShrike Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Mine had 3 miles on it... after I had driven it around the block, so I assume 1-2 miles on it initially.

They only took the plastic off it when I drove in and was standing in front of it.

16. mehrenst

mehrenst Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Mine had 8 miles on it when I picked it up. I bought it off the lot but when I looked at the car it still had the "shipping" plastic on the front.

17. jfh3

jfh3 New Member

7 Miles on mine. Since 7 is my lucky number, it was good enough for me. :)

18. isamp

isamp Junior Member

Cambria, California / Paradise, California
    7 miles includes 2 miles to and from the gas station, the least mil on any new car we have ever purchased

19. jfh3

jfh3 New Member

Second time was even better than the first ... the odometer showed "1" when I got in! :mrgreen:

(According to the MFD and the trip meters, I think the actual was 0.9 miles ...)

Probably never see a car with lower mileage again.

20. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

The one I'm picking up next week has 5 miles on it. My salesperson said she'd put it in the back and not have anyone drive it/test drive it, and put a sold sign on the dash. We'll see if that holds true, but I'm not too worried about it. It already has a full tank of gas, so I guess they already got that out of the way along with a road test.

Dave.