1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Inside rear view mirror falls off when closing rear hatch???!!!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by MVFlyer, Oct 14, 2009.

1. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    JB Weld.

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    jb weld is the most bad nice person epoxy ever. but if my mirror came off cleanly and didn't hurt the glass, I'd use the mirror kit from napa, or what ever parts store you like. important to get the glass very clean, scrape it with a new razor blade and use the alcohol prep in the kit. mark the glass on the outside with a grease pencil so you get the mirror in the right place. I don't know if our mirrors have the little metal piece most glue on mirrors have, but if it does, you got to take the mirror off that piece and leave it off for at least as long as the directions say. if you need to drive it, too bad, you won't have a mirror for a while. but I've used those kits many times and they work if you follow the instructions.

for the op, I would search for local glass repair company-- they do chip and star repairs, perhaps they can fix your windshield permanently. jb weld most likely will work but I suspect the windshield is weakened enough that the mirror may come off again, and it will take more glass the next time cause the jb weld won't let go.

3. Lmack

Lmack New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Wow, this just happened to me today! I'm glad I searched and found this thread. I think I will call my insurance company since a piece of the windshield came off too. I don't want to take any chances.