1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Install a sub and amp in 2007 prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by jordanc91, Sep 19, 2016.

1. jordanc91

jordanc91 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just bought my first beautiful prius! I took out my sub and amp from my old corolla. I wanted to know how to install it in this car? I'm keeping the stock radio, and I can't find a ton of clear info on this task. Like, does the stock radio have rca ports I can use? If not, what wires do I use for the sound signal to the amp? Where do I wire the remote turn on wire? Etc

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

2. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    When was the last time you saw or heard of an OEM head unit that had pre-amp outputs (aka RCA connectors)?

Try doing an Internet search for these words. 1) Prius radio install. 2) Prius amp install.

Acquiring the factory service manual will be helpful. Panel removal. Wiring diagram. And many other useful aspects.
    Toyota - New Subscription
    You will be better off getting a two (business) day subscription to Toyota TIS (Technical Information System), for $15. You will have access to the factory manual. It is an invaluable investment, just like getting the hacked Techstream and mini VCI. Pretty much any and all of your questions on "How do I ...," will be answered. Good diagrams, torque values, diagnosis codes, decent step by step instructions, trouble shooting trees; far superior to Haynes/Chilton. Supposedly if you start your subscription on a Friday (say 5PM), it will end on Monday (4:59PM). Copies of the manual are supposedly floating around in cyberspace. $15 is a small price to pay to for an authentic copy; who knows if the copies floating around have not been maliciously altered or are complete.

This person discovered how to save the CHM format into a PDF format. Toyota TIS download tips | PriusChat More power to you if you know how to preserve the CHM format.

3. jordanc91

jordanc91 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You're right lol, so then should I splice into the rear speaker wires to get a signal from them for the amp?

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

4. exstudent

exstudent Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    You could do that.

Don't you want to get better sound quality? No upgrade to stock door speakers? Why not install a 1/2DIN headunit in the small space below the stock radio?

Internet search "prius radio install," you would see a link for this one page one:
    Stealth install an aftermarket stereo in Prius | PriusChat

#4 exstudent, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016