1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Install aftermarket pioneer AVH-8400BH into 2008 JBL CD changer w/ nav and w/ Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mstewa21, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Kutanks

Kutanks Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You are going to need a metra tyto-01 harness, that turns the factory speaker wires into RCAs so make sure your head unit has RCA preouts.

It came with instructions on how to wire the power and ground wires to the radio, I actually used a different harness but that's the one to use for 06-09

Search the forums for 68 ohm resistor mod. I know other people used a bunch of harnesses to keep the factory radio powered on but the resistor was $1 at radioshack. Because the amp interface harness takes up a lot of space behind the radio, the last thing I wanted was more wires.

I used solder to permanently connect all the wires, I would recommend using an extension cord instead of doing what I did and running it off of a power inverter with the car running-not the safest idea and I got solder on my carpet.

F8ls thread was helpful, I used his videos to help me take the dash apart. don't drop the screws in the dash I did and it was a pain in the nice person to get them out again

I had to drop the glovebox and pull the trim panels on the right side of the car to run my RCAs and remote turn on for my sub amp.

Install took me all day saturday

Nexus 7 ? 2

2. Sadironmusic

Sadironmusic New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sorry to revive an old thread, but I thought some of the folks involved here might be able to shed light on my question: DI have a 2005 with JBL/Nv and I'm installing a new HU this weekend. I've ordered the TYTO-01 and the Schoche mounting kit.

Do I definietly need metra 71-8113?

3. tf4624

tf4624 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes please help. I red the above threads, someone said they retained blue tooth factory and nav through speakers. Like to know how cause I out in. A double din avhp4200dvd. Nav works but no spoken voice through speakers. And blu tooth doesn't go through speakers either and no phone buttons work on steering wheel and no voice command button either