1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Install euro Prius+ battery pack into U.S. Prius V?

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by MPGPrius, Jul 19, 2022.

1. MPGPrius

MPGPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Install euro Prius+ battery pack into U.S. Prius V? Im interested in buying a Prius V in the U.S. to replace my minivan. But I need deeper cargo room in the rear to carry the bigger cargo I use. So I want to replace the rear mounted battery pack, with the center console battery pack from the European Prius+. Does anyone know if this is possible? Im hopping its plug and play, because they the two cars are so similar.
    Even better, can the rear mounted battery pack, be mounted in between the front seats on its side, if it will fit? Im aware Id have to extend the electrical cables and bolt down custom brackets to mount it, if so. Thanks

#1 MPGPrius, Jul 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
  2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I bet you could move it anywhere you wanted to you would just need to extend the cabling and come up with mounting points or the bracketry from the European car or what it looks like so you can fab it up here kind of like the side brackets on the Gen 2 battery I don't know what the setup looks like in a v. But it's doable but you'll probably be extending some of those orange cables.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    doesn't sound safe