1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Install new brake actuator accumulator

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by JIM777, Mar 2, 2018.

1. JIM777

JIM777 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    05 Prius just installed new brake actuator accumulator.
    Question is I've bled a Prius before by jumping pin 4 and 13, can I do the same with the new actuator? Or is there something else that must be done first?
    If I must use techstream does anybody have directions for that?

2. JIM777

JIM777 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Well I had to do my own homework on this would say that this post Brake Actuator Replacement | PriusChat would be the one I'd recommend for bleeding actuator when installing a new one. Would reinforce keep going even when it seems like it has you repeating itself again.
    Finished up today all work with flying colors.
    thanks for your post.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  3. PAUL SCHULTZ

PAUL SCHULTZ Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Do you mind me asking what you paid for your new actuator? Also, is there an aftermarket or refurbished option that might cost a little less?

I don't have any current issue with my actuator. It occassionally chirps/barks at stop lights. I am just preparing for the day when this might get worse. I am a little leary about buying used at the junk yard or ebay as these now are from high mileage vehicles and may be on their last legs as well.

Paul.

4. JIM777

JIM777 Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Actually mine was used it look worse than the one I took off but it works fine it actually came with the car when I bought it the other fell out was going to do it but kind of chickened out. Probably just try to get one off a wrecked with lower mileage beer