1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installation Procedures For Cargo Net and Cargo Organizer?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by web1b, Jan 1, 2010.

1. web1b

web1b Active Member

How difficult are they to install and does installation require tools?

2. LeadingEdgeBoomer

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Re cargo net: For $50, mine was a port-installed accessory (came through port early October 2009). If your Gen3 is older than the cargo net revision (August?), the dealer where you're buying it might be the best bet. Maybe there are instructions with it, and others with self-install experiences can share them.

Re cargo organizer: For me, another $50 port accessory. It is a big tray. Raise cargo mat, if installed. Unlock and raise door to the under-floor storage. Put in tray. Drop door and lock it. Lower cargo mat. Mine is still under-populated, and may require cutting to accommodate items that don't fit in the various divided areas.

3. web1b

web1b Active Member

The dealer is mailing it to me.
    Does anyone have self install experience of the cargo net or is it worth driving 100 miles to have the dealer install it if it requires complicated disassembly of the cargo area?

4. topkick

topkick Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It takes a phillips head screw driver and in maybe 3/5 minutes it can be installed. No where worth a 100 mile drive to let them do it.

You didn't say if it was for the genII or genIII? I did both, and my 2007 was easy and the 2010 was only a phillips screw driver.