1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installed an XM / Sirius Radio

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by OGGIE50, Aug 26, 2015.

1. OGGIE50

OGGIE50 Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Researched for a OEM/XM Radio but pricing was TOO expensive and didn't want to change the JBL stereo. I like the STOCK Look.

XM/Sirius RoadMate 8 on Craigslight for $40 bucks and 6 months of service for $25.00 I installed this for a trip to Vegas.

Removed the Center console to gain access to 12V Power Supply and AUX, I drilled into the corner to allow the POWER & AUX cables to come thru. I may not have the right pics but it's easy to remove the center console and drill a hole to allow cables to come thru.

[​IMG]

I also ran the CIG (Power Cable) and AUX under the carpet for a CLEAN look. Removed the center panel underneath the stereo to pull wires thru so NO visible wires are seen.

[​IMG]

Removed the right side Passenger Vent to allow wires to meet the XM Radio. I then used the double sided tape to affix to the bottom part of the radio.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the Lack of pictures but the installation was a breeze. Any questions please let me know.

Don Shouse likes this.