1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installed Painted Mudguards

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by SoCalBPrius, May 31, 2012.

1. SoCalBPrius

SoCalBPrius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Okay, here are the Euro mudguards that I painted & installed. Since I last posted any photos of my car which was a while back (amazing);), I have added red vinyl tail lens & shark fin antenna. Enjoy!:D

Attached Files:

Steph1972, pghjerry and Danny like this.
  2. ockevin

ockevin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I love the mudguards

3. ProximalSuns

ProximalSuns Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Looks great. It has me rethinking my black mudguards. The black one seem to disappear with the black tires

4. SoCalBPrius

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanx Kevin. I love em too. Since I can't afford the PPP, it's my cheaper version of it;),lol.

5. ockevin

ockevin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Your car is looking great...Keep up the good work. Sorry about your exhaust tip.

SoCalBPrius likes this.
  6. peterjmc

peterjmc Ping pong in Ding Dang...

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Looks good! What type of window visors do you have?

7. jdk0827

jdk0827 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    sweet lookin!

8. SoCalBPrius

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks, their the ones from Ebay, I believe the brand is HIC.

9. SoCalBPrius

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you, black looks good too but I just wanted something a little different:).

10. McLintock!

McLintock! New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    It looks like the mud guards fit pretty well to the body. Did you follow the install instructions exactly or did you have to redrill holes for the rear guards to get them to fit so well? Some reviews on the Euro guards say they don't fit that well on the back and you have to drill different holes.

By the way, those wheels are freaking awesome... I would love to have those for 15s. I bet they weren't cheap.

11. SoCalBPrius

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    To tell the truth, I didn't even read the instructions as they were pretty much self-explanatory w/ the screws(rear) & clips(front). The rear is a little tricky in the sense there are no markings or set area to drill or screw the hole but I think it's pretty common sense. I just placed the rear mudguards the way I would like it positioned or better word would be to position it the way it is supposed to be flush checking to be no gaps on the side or below the mudguards & when satisfied while holding it still, I marked where I wanted to screw in w/ a sharpie marker. Finally, I screwed it in (no drilling for me) using a philips screwdriver, giving a slight force but not too much as it is soft enough & the natural turning motion will easily allow the screw in. Just be patient & be willing to change the drilling/screwing marks ever so slightly as u adjust what the best position may be.

Thanks for the compliment on the wheels. Actually, the wheels aren't expensive at all & 15's are going to be much cheaper. I ordered them online & you'd be surprised how cheap I got em for as a package w/ tires too. I believe they were called America's Tire or something like that. I'll find out for sure if u are interested:).

12. McLintock!

McLintock! New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the info on the mud guards. I think I will probably go with the Euro ones. I have a black Prius so I probably won't get them painted. Yours look great. It sounds like you painted them? I thought I read somewhere that you could buy them painted already (eBay?).

I'm not too worried about the install. It seems like it can be done with the rear wheels on with the right tools. I will probably put them on when I get new wheels though.

I'm trying to decide between your wheels (I could do 16s too) and the ones that SuperchargedMR2 has in this post. I think I found your post in the wheek thread on what type they are. It seems like Supercharged might get better MPG. I guess my priorities are 1. better handling/performance, 2, MPG, 3. Price

I found the place (Discount Tire/America's Tire) online. They aren't in my area so I'd have to use their online direct sales site.

13. SoCalBPrius

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Yes, that's what it was Discount tire direct. They usually have alot of promos like $50 back if u buy 4 wheels & $100 back for 4 wheels & tires so check for those. Yea, just take your time & make sure u get the ones u want. It took me pretty long to pick mine as I flip-flopped back & forth on priorities many times as initially I wanted a lighter & a more simple design(easier to clean). In the end, I gave in to looks(as I really liked the DR-34 design) over weight(as this was 1 of the heavier wheels) considering the budget I had(I wanted to spend about a $1,000 max). I remember Supercharge going through the process of choosing a wheel, I think he took longer than me:D . Than, after buying 1 set, he bought a 2nd right after. Must be nice to have disposable income like that;) .

Black car w/ black euro mudguards doesn't get easier than that & would look perfect:cool: .

14. Plus IV

Plus IV LowGen4

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    I wish these fit with the PPP. Would be a nice finished touch. Car looks great.

15. SoCalBPrius

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    thank you:).