1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installed Pioneer AVH-P1400 and Bazooka Tube

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by vskid3, Sep 7, 2013.

1. vskid3

vskid3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Today I made my Prius' sound system worth listening to. I took the Pioneer AVH-P1400 that was in my Escape (selling it soon) and I've had the Bazooka Tube BTA6250D laying around for a couple years. I used a Metra 70-1761 and Scosche TA2103B. I still need to get an adapter to use the steering wheel controls to control the radio, but that will have to wait a couple months.

The install was fairly easy and went smoothly. The new headunit mounted right up to the frame. The Metra harness works well, as does the Scosche harness that keeps the AC steering wheel controls working. The trim included in the Scosche kit isn't the greatest fit, but it does the job. Having the 12v battery in the back made running power for the subwoofer painless. I have the straps that came with the Bazooka velcro'd to the floor for now, seems like it should hold up fine. I can remove it in under a minute if I need the extra space or to access the spare tire.

The sound quality is far better than the stock setup. I was thinking of replacing the speakers, but I don't think I will unless one dies. Replacing the headunit to me is one of the best mods you can do to the Prius.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]