1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

InstallerNet/Installcard for home surveillance (security camera system) reputable?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cwerdna, Feb 17, 2015.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Anyone used them before for a security camera system install? Are they reputable? Do these guys do a good job of background checking their contractors?

I'm specifically talking about
    Code:
    http://installcard.com/installcarddescriptions/ICList.aspx?ID=249

Many consumer security camera kit companies have partnered with them like Swann, Lorex, Samsung, Zmodo, Q-See, etc.

Samsung: InstallerNet
    Swann: Professional Installation
    Lorex: Lorex Security camera installation
    Zmodo: Professional Installation Services
    Night Owl: InstallCard Descriptions
    Q-See: Surveillance Camera Installation: Details and Information

Besides them doing sub-par work, I'd always worry about anyone I don't know coming to my house and tipping off their buddies who happen to be criminals...

I'm not handy enough to properly install a camera system, esp. w/some cameras up high.

#1 cwerdna, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Anyone? My security camera + NVR kit showed up and appears to be working fine.

Looking for an installer still...

Anyone had any experience with Electrical Services and Installation at The Home Depot ? Unfortunately, since they hire local contractors, one's experiences outside the SF Bay Area may not really apply to me.

#2 cwerdna, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  3. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Anyone? I may be forced to use them because basically, two of the installer recommendations have been both very busy and extremely slow to get back to me. One of them seems to be about double the price of the other. I can't even make it to the next step of getting a written proposal of scope of work, price and date.

Another was recommended but is even more expensive. One other I tried contacting isn't licensed via Contractors State License Board. No thanks.