1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installing a new head unit....help!!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by MonoTopia5, Feb 26, 2016.

1. MonoTopia5

MonoTopia5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello fellow Prius owners. I have an 05 Prius with navigation. Is there any way that I could install a new head unit and still keep most factory stuff?? I would really like to keep the factory speaker, steering wheel controls for both the audio and climate control.... And still be able to use the built in calling option (this one doesn't matter as much to me). Have any of you done this? If so, what did ya guys use? What type of harnesses and so forth? Any help would be much appreciated! :). Thanks guys!!!!

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    crutchfield.com can hook you up with everything you need to replace the crap oem headunit. its not a difficult diy if you can solder. crimping the wires works too but solder is way better.

3. MonoTopia5

MonoTopia5 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Sweet! Thanks! And they can set me up with everything to keep steering wheel controls and all that fun stuff??

4. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    yes. the steering wheel adapter is a Metra Axxess. there may be other better ones out there 2. I had one on my'04, and the buttons all worked normal. I could control my kenwood stations, track, volume, etc from the steering wheel buttons.