1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installing aftermarket fog lights in 2006 that did not come with fog lights

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by laird, Dec 21, 2009.

1. DaveLadely

DaveLadely Junior Member

Not really. Way before the government got involved with testing yellow vs. white lights, back in the 1950s, separate fog lights were fit with yellow lenses, the color based on the English lights dimmer lights that were yellowish - and these dimmer lights were not capable of providing the wider spectrum of modern lights as one can observe by dimming tungsten lights. I drive in areas that have both fog and wild animals, such as deer, on the roads - so I needed fog lights that were capable of long distance view, more like a driving light that helps cut fog. Lacking that extra distance in fog lighs, I have used HID driving lights as "fog" lights, mounted very low, with sharp cut offs, and found they have better visibility for longer distances than any fog light i have so far tried..

#21 DaveLadely, Apr 28, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Considering France's government mandated the selective yellow color in November 1936, it's not clear how to square that with what you're saying about the 1950s. Is there a reference where you got your information?