1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installing battery maintainer on 12v battery

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by MICHAEL RUBY, Apr 26, 2022.

1. MICHAEL RUBY

MICHAEL RUBY Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    III
    I've been having problems with the 12 volt battery going to zero on me because I don't drive it on long enough trips to keep it charged up. The AAA battery guy is getting tired of me so he says I should install a battery maintainer on the 12 volt. It seems you need to do this at the battery under the seat and not at the special connection under the hood. But using clips is not really an option in the close space if you want to close it up again and leave the connection in place so you don't have to take the seat apart the next time. The battery maintainer I looked at has some screw on optional connectors but I can't figure out where you would attach them. The Toyota dealer service guy said they could install it but would charge me $150. Can anyone give me some advice about the right way to do this? Oh, also there are 0.8 amp and 1.0 amp maintainers. Any advice about which to buy?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    you can connect to the jump point under the hood no problem.