1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

installing body side moldings

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by savery, May 31, 2012.

1. savery

savery Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Got OEM moldings from my dealer. The instructions from Toyota have you installing them about 2-3 inches lower on the doors than those I previously printed from an older Prius v forum (somehow it is no longer accessible on the new site). Anyhow after a trial run or three, it looks to me that the higher placement looks better and might offer more protection from dings. Anybody have any thoughts/experience?

2. JACoH

JACoH Enjoying the mileage

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I don't have them on my "v" yet, but on my 2010 Prius, I installed at the widest spot of the doors, which, I think would be the most vulnerable, and first part to get hit. So, it was higher than the instructions listed. It looked fine. Tape them on first and step back and look to see where it looks best.

3. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I agree, put them on or very near the widest part of the curve of the door for best protection.

Also, they look better with some rake to them, where the back is slightly higher than the front.

4. tanasit

tanasit Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five