1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

installing camera on MFD 86110-47062

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Mina Botrous, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Mina Botrous

Mina Botrous Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi all,
    I'm wondering if anyone had luck to install a camera on MDF 86110-47062
    my Prius is japan import 2011 basic model - doesn't have camera or navigation

Also has anyone installed aftermarket stereo? how is the steering wheel control,? what wiring is required and what fitting needed?

Thanks
    Mina

2. ydpplqbd

ydpplqbd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    In another PC thread, I saw an aftermarket stereo install using:

1. AXXESS ASWC-1 steering wheel control; and

2. Scosche TAAXB - wiring harness

Link to Prior PC thread on this issue: Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter | PriusChat

PS Obviously, your car is Gen3 and the linked discussion is about Gen2. However, my understanding is that the ASWC-1 is universal (and therefore, it should work on your Gen3).

PPS Many aftermarket stereos include the backup camera. When shopping for a stereo find one with backup camera included. When using after-market stereo with backup camera, your image behind the car when in reverse will be displayed on the aftermarket stereo (and NOT on the MFD - IOW, backup display will NOT be displayed on MFD ).

#2 ydpplqbd, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    Mina Botrous and SFO like this.
  3. Mina Botrous

Mina Botrous Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Actually I have Gen 2 Prius and I'm wondering is it possible for the MFD to have video input from the camera?

Kiwibird and ydpplqbd like this.
  4. ydpplqbd

ydpplqbd Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Good question!!! It appears that this issue was addressed in the following PC thread: backup camera | PriusChat

Mina Botrous likes this.