1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installing CellLink Battery Pack (Hardwired) - Which Fuse?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Friendlyx, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Friendlyx

Friendlyx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm trying to install a celllink battery pack and i need a fuse that is turned off when the car is turned off. I cannot find anything online about this for my 06, i wanted to see if someone maybe had already done it, and could send me a picture or tell me which one it would be. I'd really appreciate the help, i spent a few hours today trying to figure it out but nothing. Here's a picture of the fuse box.

Resized 20170916 194204 3836 — imgbb.com

2. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I'm not familiar with that particular piece of equipment but......does it HAVE to be connected at the fuse box, and if so, why ??
    I believe that the 12 V power outlet (cigarette lighter socket) goes off with the car. Can you plug it in there ?

3. Friendlyx

Friendlyx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yes, i was thinking of doing that, but i don't want to take up my cigarette socket in the middle, and i don't like using the one in front of the passenger side because i feel they'll just accidentally kick it and break it off.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Use a multimeter, to verify which points don't have 12 volt when the car's off?

5. Friendlyx

Friendlyx Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I was able to figure it out, thank you so much everyone!

6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    what is it?

7. CDog

CDog New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Ditto....link to what you are installing too please.

8. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Did you get an owner's manual with your '06 ? The fuse list is on pages 430 and 431.

If you didn't get the owner's manual, it's a free download from techinfo.toyota.com.

A lot of those circuits will be off when the car is off, but I'd probably focus on the PWR OUTLET or PWR OUTLET FR fuse to tap ... ideally with the kind of fuse tap that has its own additional, smaller fuse for your added circuit (7.5 should be plenty for the charge rate of the celllink b). Assuming your circuit has its own protection, you might also tap in at ACC-B. The safest of these choices might be PWR OUTLET; even if you goof somehow, that is still downstream of ACC-B so it has that protection.

Or, download the wiring diagram (also from techinfo, but one $15 cover charge for complete access to everything behind the paywall) and find a convenient connector on a usable circuit near where you want your gizmo to be, and join in there.

-Chap