1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installing driver side sweep-belt molding (pics)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by 10PriusIV, Jun 11, 2017.

1. 10PriusIV

10PriusIV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Today I replaced the driver-side sweep-belt molding which lasted 5 1/2 years. The entire procedure took about 15 minutes and I want to show other '10 Prius owners some info on this.
    First I removed the cover in front of the door (pic1). Behind it you will find the front start of the molding and a clip (pic2). From there, pull toward you and detach the clip and pull down and toward you the molding right next to it. (Pic3) shows this from the outside. Once the groove that holds the molding in place comes loose, continue to pull up slowly until it is all loose (pic4). The last part at the back of the door is one clip which you will remove from the small hole carefully. (pic4) shows this clip on my new molding ready to be installed.
    I did not use any tools, but if you decide to, do NOT use metal as you most likely will scratch you car.
    I'm read to order another and feel comfortable that it will be a success again. Hope this helps any of you out there...

Attached Files: