1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Installing GPS tracker

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Raidzor, Sep 20, 2022.

1. Raidzor

Raidzor New Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello everyone,
    I'm new here, but I'm quite desperate so I'm resorting to forums.
    I have a GPS tracker that I would like to install onto my Prius, but my main issue is that there are no guides or videos on the wiring in the car, and being a hybrid and rather non-conventional, it is extremely difficult for me to figure out the wiring on it.
    Main goals: Locate stable +12v, locate ignition wire, locate any wire that if cut, will safely prevent the car from starting (I will place a relay on this wire that I will be able to open on command remotely, and it is important for it to be able to stop, but not start, so the start/stop button does not cut it). I had taken apart the dashboard, and found nothing other than a ridiculous amount of different wires that make no sense at all to me.
    Any insight or just tip on where to look for even just wiring diagrams would be incredibly useful, and I thank anyone in advance for even just taking the time to read this.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    idk, but i would try to find the schematic of the power button assembly

3. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Isolate the 12V auxiliary battery and the car is rendered a brick.

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    That's why some hide a small / independent 12v source - which can run dash cams or other trackers.