1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

instant continuous mpg read out.

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by fgp, Apr 27, 2021.

1. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    just leased a 2021 prius prime yesterday. it seems silly since ive had about 5 Prii in the past. but I cant figure out how to have instant mpg reading. I know it is so simple but i am not gettiing it. I get every other readout on the planet but not that. Help! btw my white Prius is named Casper

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats!
    anything in the o/m?

3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congratulations

In the settings for the instrument cluster, enable the split display. The default is "simple" but it's silly to leave it that way. Then you can choose between the HSI, fuel/electricity consumption, or traction battery status. Battery and HSI are already available on the other display to the right, so I put the consumption there with the speedometer. It doesn't give you a number, but it's better than nothing.

You can also see a similar bar indicator just for mpg on the large display in the trip info section, but I don't think that one shows m/kWh. It is nice, though, on long trips.
    Screen Shot 2021-04-27 at 7.09.10 AM.png

PS, don't forget to change your profile info to the new car so people don't assume you're still driving the 2015. Unless you do still have it and want that on there. ;)

Salamander_King and bisco like this.
  4. PaulDM

PaulDM Active Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Excel
    Nice Name. We call ours Beryl after Berylite as she is Blue

Beryl: Mineral information, data and localities.

5. Salamander_King

Salamander_King Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What @jerrymildred commented will display a rudimentary gauge for instant mpg in HV mode or miles/kWh in EV mode in the split-screen MID. Since your model is equipped with RSA (Road Sign Assist) feature of TSS2.0, you have to first turn it OFF in order to see the other information on the split-screen. It will switch between mpg and miles/kWh automatically. But there is no numerical display.
    upload_2021-4-28_10-13-47.png

If you only want to see mpg, there is a similar current mpg gauge on the travel information (either on 7" display on LE or 11.6" display on XLE and Ltd). But this is mpg for HV mode only, no miles/kWh for EV mode. If you are driving on EV mode, it will be pegged to a max of 150mpg similar to your trip meter associated mpg that will stay on 999.9mpg until you start driving on HV mode.

on 7" display LE model
    upload_2021-4-28_10-4-59.png

on 11.6" display XLE or Ltd models
    upload_2021-4-28_10-6-58.png

#5 Salamander_King, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    jerrymildred likes this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i don't think there has been a numerical display since gen 2

jerrymildred likes this.
  7. fgp

fgp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I want thank everyone for their great replies! Ive gotten more and more of it figured out with your help.the older Prii i have had were a lot simpler but it is getting less foggy. thanks so much

8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the learning curve increases with every generation, and yet, the cars are just cars.

someday, you'll need a certificate of knowledge to drive, instead of a driving test.

Graz, jerrymildred and Mendel Leisk like this.