1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Instrument Cluster Brightness??

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by keymusic, Oct 30, 2016.

1. keymusic

keymusic Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I read the manual on this but it doesn't seem to be working correctly, am I doing something wrong? In my 2017 Prius 2 I normally keep the instrument cluster brightness fairly dim at night, but I want the brightness to stay bright during the day (when it's bright outside) without having to manually turn up the brightness if I put on my headlights on. It says in the manual that it does this, and it worked fine in my generation 3 Prius. Right now if I turn on my headlights or parking lights during the day in full brightness, the instrument lights dim to where I have it set for nighttime use, so I can't even see the instruments.

Help!?!?

2. Sooner Al

Sooner Al Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  3. keymusic

keymusic Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  4. kithmo

kithmo Couch Potato

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    On the brightness adjustment, take it to the top then turn it down a notch, the auto dim feature for night time doesn't seem to work when you set the instruments to full brightness.

5. keymusic

keymusic Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I keep my brightness down a lot lower than that though. My 3rd gen Prius would auto-brighten during the day when I had my lights on no matter how low I had the cluster brightness set.

6. keymusic

keymusic Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Much to my dismay, I found out that the Two does not do this. Only the Three and above. I tested another 2017 Two and a Three at a dealer. That's really bad and also a safety issue that the instruments dim if you turn your headlights on during the day. Especially when the 3rd gen Two did do this.

RCO likes this.
  7. 360texas

360texas Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Reads like a software issue.

RCO likes this.
  8. keymusic

keymusic Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I agree. I put a call into Toyota and he said this will be followed up on. Hopefully that's true. I was very clear with them that this is a safety issue, so I assume they'll take it seriously.

RCO likes this.