1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Instrument panel light switch / body paint question

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by innerpri, Nov 11, 2012.

1. innerpri

innerpri Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Should the dial button illuminate when the dash lights are on? The gas door and km/mph illuminate, should this one also, mine currently does not.

Now to the body work question.

A few weeks ago I when buck hunting, with my Pip(all of 1600)miles. I needed a new front bumper, left headlight, support bar (the one the headlight attaches too) and the left fender adjusted. The repair facility told me they would fade the paint from the bumper to the fender. I assumed at the time it was only going to be on the drivers side, but when I got the car back I noticed a ding looking blemish on the passenger side. It is above the horizontal body line, so not in a common ding spot. When I run my fingers over it is not a bump or dent. Could it be the clear coat application?

Thanks.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    i don't know the answer to either question, but i'll look tonite after dark and get back to you if someone else hasn't already. sas far as the paint goes, tough to say without seeing it, but i don't think there should be any visible blemish. i would show it to the auto body guy. all the best!

innerpri likes this.
  3. lensovet

lensovet former BP Brigade 207

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    1) yes, it doesn't illuminate. i find this infuriating. but it's been this way on all Prius models going all the way back to the first gen.
    2) yes, because the entire front bumper was replaced, blending is supposed to happen on both sides and both fenders. HOWEVER, you should not be seeing any sort of blemishes as a result of this! definitely take it back to the shop and make sure they fix that.

bisco and innerpri like this.