1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Instrument Panel Relay Location R/B Assembly No. 4

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by mjoo, Dec 27, 2019.

1. mjoo

mjoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm looking for the "Instrument Panel Relay Location R/B Assembly No. 4". This relay box houses the "IG1 No. 4" and "fog light" relays. Has anyone accessed it or have a picture?

The TIS online manual has one diagram of the general location but no instructions on how to get to it.

#1 mjoo, Dec 27, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  2. mjoo

mjoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm just curious how much of the dash must be dismantled to reach it. This could be useful for others retrofitting the heated seats/fog lights.

Pixel XL ?

3. Elektroingenieur

Elektroingenieur Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    See the Repair Manual (more info) under Vehicle Interior: Heating/Air Conditioning: Air Conditioning Unit: Removal, step 40 or 41, depending on the model year, “Remove Instrument Panel Reinforcement Assembly with Air Conditioner Unit Assembly,” in which Toyota says to “(c) Remove the bolt and disconnect the relay block assembly” and shows the assembly as item *b in image E340725C01. The bolt torque for installation is 8.0 N·m.
    I don’t know; perhaps removing the instrument panel finish panel end LH and upper instrument panel assembly would be enough.

mjoo and alanclarkeau like this.