1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Insufferable early adopters

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by bwilson4web, Dec 12, 2021.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    I was watching:

When I realized why some 'early adopters' can be alienating.

I've tried to be scrupulous about sharing my direct and most recent experience with the Prius, BMW i3-REx, and Tesla Model 3. Then as I was watching this review, I realized that other EV reviewers can put me and others off. In this case, the casual comment that '50 kWh' battery capacity is enough without addressing fast DC charging network density is just wrong.

A retired engineer, I'm used to requirements and specifications to direct my actions. But sometimes these reviewers post incomplete, marginal assertions. Accurate within a limited requirements view, it leads me to 'gritting my teeth.'

There is no magic solution other than individuals sharing their insights. So @Lee Jay and even good Prius friend @bisco often offer opinions that can be addressed directly. Sometime they need this retired engineer response. But what about the more widely known reviewers?

It is a puzzle.

Bob Wilson

2. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    In living color "Hated it"

What burns my britches is how dare china offer a tiny EV with a 50kWh pack that's pre-release rated for 300 miles and costs less than 100.000 RMB = around $ 16k.
    Is the world really searching for solutions to it's problems. or is the one big plan for the future survival of the human race the only plan that everyone should embrace come hell and high water.

We don't even have one yet. And no new news bout the less expensive Tesla development(s) at teslarati, electrek or even CNN's Tesla history write-up.

what's the issue with others posts? Shouldn't some of mine be on the list too? call me jealous :coffee: