1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Intake Camshaft Positioning Sensor Wiring

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Logan Mace, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Logan Mace

Logan Mace New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey all, any help is appreciated. I have been looking for the harness plug diagram, or pinout, for the intake cam positioning sensor. I need to know where the red, white and black wires are positioned in that connector.

The wires pulled free from the connector, and I even went to the Toyota dealership who said they’d get back to me as soon as they can to get me that info. Still don’t have it.

I’ve seen some images, but either wires are different color or not identifiable. I have red (assume VCC), Black and White (signal?). But, where are they positioned in the connector?

2. 419 Grease Monkey

419 Grease Monkey New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    My 2012 has Red, White, Black from bottom to top when the mount is facing you.

Attached Files:

3. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    [​IMG]

Notice the pin numbers shown out of order; in order would be VVI+, VVI−, VC.

Attached Files:

• D18.png
      D18.png
      File size:
      2.6 KB
      Views:
  4. 419 Grease Monkey

419 Grease Monkey New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    That seems to be how mine is, black = 1, white = 2, red = 3 looking at the harness connector face with the latch up.
    Any info on what the resistances or voltages should be? I have 4.9V on 2 pins with ignition in "on". resistance of 1200 Ohms on sensor.