1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Intalled OEM EV switch

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by NiMHpwr, Nov 6, 2004.

1. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

I really don't know how Toyota would be able to justify a blanket voiding of the warranty, unless the HV ECU were to go bad. The programming is already there, we are only activating an existing feature, hidden to the NE market. They may also be able to justify voiding emissions compliance warranty work, as you are telling the ECU to alter its performance, even if it was factory programmed to do so. If Toyota really feels using EV switch would be grounds for voiding the warranty, they should be wiping that line of code from their next program update.

In my case, I have another problem, if work needs to be done around the HV ECU. I accidentally broke the release tab on the connector. I can still get the connector off, but it's tricky. I don't know how it broke, I don't believe I was putting undue force on it.

2. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I just put in an Inquiry on the Japanparts web site. Once you add the item to your cart, the part number show up as: 159-001-001

I also asked if the shipping cost was per item, or if ordering multiples would result in a lower 'per item' shipping charge. This is in case the shipping is a lot higher than domestic. People might want to do a 'group buy' and pay the USPS or UPS rate.

3. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I got back the quote:
    5,157.00 Japan Yen = 48.8997 USD

I'm not sure where that $3 quote came from. Parts $3, shipping $45??

With this comment for the shipping on multiples.
    So basically $50 but you still have to build your own wiring harness as this is just the button and the housing.