1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Integration Module Removal

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Chris Thompson, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Chris Thompson

Chris Thompson Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    In the course of diagnosing (and maybe even fixing) an intermittent problem with my gen II Prius I needed to remove/replace the "Integration" Modules in the main engine bay fuse box. This is just to help with those attempting to remove / replace the module.

First off, there are two so called "Integration" modules, each performing different functions. They are located in the main fuse/relay box.
    module-2.jpg

The modules are held in place with a latch that must be released before they can be removed.

module_latch-b.jpg

module_latch.jpg

I release the latch using a small (jeweller's) flat blade screw driver which could also be used to lever the module up a few millimetres.

removal.jpg

There is very little free play in the wiring and the sockets on the bottom of the modules must be released to allow removal. The connectors also are latched and the tabs must be pushed in before the connectors will release. They are held in place with some force and I used a flat bladed screwdriver to both push in the tabs and twist and lever the connectors out.

tabs.jpg

And just for completeness a picture of the latches on the connectors.
    latching_mechanism.jpg

zebrufen, tacopyro and Patrick Wong like this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    great write up and pics, thanks!(y)

3. Danny13pruisc3

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    cool this answered my question of hte difference between the 47010 and 20. my buddies' 47020 was heating up and causing the car to break down.

4. zebrufen

zebrufen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you Chris Thompson for posting this back in 2015!

For anyone else like me who is only trying to remove module C: you need to remove module B first as the connectors have slightly more slack on them. I could not get module C out on it's own.