1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Intelligence Failures

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Sep 12, 2006.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonnycat26 @ Sep 15 2006, 02:46 PM) [snapback]320195[/snapback]</div>
    last first - they all had 8 easy years to finish their work - and lets not forget the khan network which helped irans efforts - thanks to slick willie.

Iraqi's started their french sponsored program before Reagan - during the Carter years - you will remember Israel wisely put them out of their misery (or more appropriately - prevented saddam from spreading terror and misery to others) in 1981 when their Air Force destroyed it. makes it more amazing that you believe saddam did not have wmds given his 20 + year pursuit of them and use of them.

I much prefer to stay in the present. you can cry all you want about spilled milk - Presidents from both sides did what they had to when they had to to protect our country - except bj.

I am sure you agree we should not let iran go nuclear either - and what we did 30 or 40 years ago bears no meaning on the present.

2. Jonnycat26

Jonnycat26 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dbermanmd @ Sep 15 2006, 03:47 PM) [snapback]320213[/snapback]</div>
    And that's why you'll never be able to present a coherent or factual arguement. The past bears directly on the present day. What the coke snorting president, er, Bush II does will be with us for another 30 or 40 years.

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonnycat26 @ Sep 15 2006, 04:03 PM) [snapback]320218[/snapback]</div>
    If the past bears directly on the future than we agree to disarm iran b4 they go nuclear - and we should never disarm - ever.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jonnycat26 @ Sep 15 2006, 04:03 PM) [snapback]320218[/snapback]</div>
    If the past bears directly on the future than we agree to disarm iran b4 they go nuclear - and we should never disarm - ever.

4. ditto231

ditto231 New Member

After 20 some years of history with Iraq. Some people still thinks our intelligence fail. And I don't believe some of you actually believe Sadam more than you believe your own president. I think you people should move to Iraq.
    I am sorry, I am not trying to upset anyone here. I am just trying to re-unite our country and trying to fight and win this war. I think it's very very important for us to win... Think about and for our own children and grand children's future.

5. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ditto @ Sep 19 2006, 12:52 PM) [snapback]321678[/snapback]</div>
    Niiiiiiiiiiice~ ;)

6. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I think it's safe to say that President Bush has never fought this war to win.

7. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

It's safe to say that in my neck of the woods where there are a high percentage of college graduates, that is, people who as a general rule are able to think for themselves...When anyone in power runs on a dumbed down campaign, then illegally starts a war based on cherry-picked intelligence which is false to start with, those thinking people will NEVER back said war mongers. EVEN IF those same war mongers start the war, we will not support it blindly. It is our DUTY to resist. Just because YOU start something illegally, doesn't mean WE must back you, or when you get in over your little head, that WE must finish your little project for you. C'mon! To do otherwise would mean ANY president could start ANYTHING and demand the country back him, and we all know perfectally well if the tables were turned and HILLARY started this mess, the neocons would be all over her and her policies like flies on stink. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

8. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ditto @ Sep 19 2006, 09:52 AM) [snapback]321678[/snapback]</div>
    Maybe you are the one who should be moving to Iraq. Why don't you volunteer and serve in our military over there and practice what you preach?

I have not seen anyone writing here that they believe Saddam over Bush. Most of us simply do not buy any of the reasons and explanations that the Bush administration used in its efforts to justify going to war.

Do you really think that you are trying to unite us by posting this message? All you have succeeded in doing was to insult those who disagree with your point of view and further divide us.

9. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MarinJohn @ Sep 19 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]321733[/snapback]</div>
    Duty to resist? That is an interesting concept - if you were the only one who disagreed with a war the nation was fighting and you were drafted to fight - would you go to serve??

And just because you keep saying the same thing over and over - like this war was illegal - does not make it so.

10. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KMO @ Sep 12 2006, 12:57 PM) [snapback]318428[/snapback]</div>

Only a true "Hate America" person would believe this. Before you bring up that we are the only country to ever use the nuke on people....we were in a war for our very existence and hundreds of thousands of Americans would die had we not. BTW, many posters here would probably not even exist if it had not been for the end of WWII the way it was done.

Remember, we were attacked first. At the time we were VERY isolationist.

11. ditto231

ditto231 New Member

This country is going to hell because of some of you people. We should look at the present time and try to fix it, not blaming on someone or pointing fingers, that's not going to fix the problem.

Right now we're at war, and we need to win this war. We can NOT win without all of the people's support. Common, do it for your future and your children's future. It doesn't matter what W did, it's right or wrong, we need to put every aside. It won't matter if we impeach W. or even get rid of all the government officials and put new ones in. it doesn't matter they're all Demacrats or Republicans or whatever. We're still at war and we still need to win this war. And we NEED all of your help. Remember Al Quada is declaired war on the American people, Not the government. They're after the innocent people like you and me, us.

12. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ditto @ Oct 1 2006, 09:46 AM) [snapback]326483[/snapback]</div>
    My president, right or wrong. If we as republicans allow junior to do anything he wishes for any reason this only leads to a slippery slope where by President Hillary will expect to be allowed to do anything she deems necessary for the good of the country (like raising taxes on the richest back to 90%, hand healthcare to the poor free of charge to them, decriminalize marijuana, make a constitiutional ammendment encouraging abortion, outlawing politics from the pulpit, imprisoning congressional sex offenders without a trial, using a congressional recess to appoint gay-sympathetic lawmakers to the bench, or anything her little heart desires without fear of reprisal.) Still think once any president says "boo" we should all jump at her command? If I support the IDEA of an omnipotant president for one I am obligated to allow unchecked behavior to all. Not in my lifetime!...or do you mean we should allow junior to do as he wishes with our full and undivided support, but then disallow such support for any duly elected democratic president?

Remember, Al Quida wants our blood because they have been emboldened knowing junior fu**ed up. Still, like most of our enemies, they don't hate the American people as much as the arrogant American government. We would encourage worldwide hatred of the Americal people if we as a nation of people unquestionably backed a President with unlimited power.

13. ditto231

ditto231 New Member

I did NOT support the war, and I still do NOT support the war. I don't like wars. They kill people and people get hurt.

I do NOT support George W. neither. But that's beside the point. the damage had already been done. Pointing fingers or blaming somebody is not going to help.

I am looking at the situation right now. How to win and end the war. I want my kids back to this country where they belong. And they can serve their country here.

14. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ditto @ Oct 1 2006, 12:46 PM) [snapback]326483[/snapback]</div>
    Can't disagree with that statement. Then why the hell are we in Iraq? It's as if, when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, we went and declared war on Belgium.

15. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ditto @ Oct 1 2006, 09:46 AM) [snapback]326483[/snapback]</div>
    Is this another one of your attempts to reunite us?

16. ditto231

ditto231 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Oct 1 2006, 11:57 AM) [snapback]326520[/snapback]</div>
    Yes, I am trying very very hard because I love my country and I don't want to see we fall apart and lose the war. Even we may be fight the wrong war but we still need to win.

17. IsrAmeriPrius

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IsrAmeriPrius @ Oct 1 2006, 11:57 AM) [snapback]326520[/snapback]</div>
    [/b][/quote]

It is a very odd way of going about it, as evidenced by your earlier posts in this thread.

:rolleyes:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ditto @ Sep 19 2006, 09:52 AM) [snapback]321678[/snapback]</div>

18. ditto231

ditto231 New Member

I am sorry but I tried my best, may be my choice of words is not right. Can you help me out? It's not just for me but for us, for our nation's future.