1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Intelligent clearance sonar reprogram MPG ?

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by rosencrantz, Apr 7, 2019.

1. rosencrantz

rosencrantz Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hello, I recently took my Prius in for its 6 month checkup with 3500 miles on the clock. I asked the dealer to perform any recalls while it was in for service and they informed me that it needed the ICS reprogram. This was a couple days ago. Today, we took the car on a little 200 mile road trip to Santa Cruz and I noticed something very specific. The car spent less time in “EV” mode at cruising speeds (60 - 70mph) than I believe it did prior to the ICS reprogram. Is this “normal”? Does the car have to “relearn” optimal MPG after a reprogram?
    Thanks much to all you Prius experts!

Oh... prior to the ICS reprogram, the car typically gave an “indicated” 58 mpg. The trip to Santa Cruz gave an indicated mpg of approximately 52.

#1 rosencrantz, Apr 7, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  2. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Check your tire pressure. Dealers often lower the pressure which lowers the MPGs.

Tyfly likes this.
  3. rosencrantz

rosencrantz Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thank you. That’s a good idea.... I usually make it a point to keep the tires at 34 - 36 PSI.

krmcg likes this.
  4. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Tires are a possibility for sure. Also, the reprogramming may have caused the car to forget a lot of stuff specific to your driving. It may come back up in a few days or weeks.

will the engineer likes this.