1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Intelligent Key - Push button Start...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by coach81, Oct 25, 2012.

1. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Wth, IDK... TTYL

Selzier likes this.
  2. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    This may be a little late, but just to throw in my two cents.
    When we first got our first Prius I thought it was nothing more than a gimmick.
    We have, over the last 7 years found it so incredibly nice. We also got it on our second Prius.
    Now we are set up where if you have a fob/key in your pocket, we get in the car, ut your foot on the brake, and the car starts!
    Again, it doesn't sound like a big deal, but it is just so damned fluid and natural feeling. I expect most smart key systems to work this way in a few years.

3. coach81

coach81 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    sorry judge.... Ford Fusion Hybrid...

4. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The "F" is for Ford?

Sorry, I just couldn't resist the temptation.

I think in our insular little world of PC (that's PriusChat), FFH is as common as HyHi and PiP and HCH. I'll assume readers know those acronyms, but I won't foist SN2 on folks here. I have a bit of trouble when our engineer members start dropping acronyms from the EE world, but it doesn't really happen that often. If you don't know what an acronym means, it really doesn't hurt to ask, and you won't be taken to task for the simple question. (You may get a large helping of good-natured ribbing about it, though.)

5. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I also find myself lifting the door handles of our other cars now in order to unlock them... of course that doesn't work except on the Prius!
    Our home's front door uses an entry keypad, no key needed. When you punch in your combination- the inside foyer light comes on at 50% brightness for 2 min then turns off automatically. My wife's amazed at this automation tech- no key for the car or house, lights come on then off by themselves... I love it!

6. coach81

coach81 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So from what I gather... I won't miss what I've never had.... and at a 3K price tag.. perhaps I should just keep missing it :D I'm hoping that somehow they can "add" it on the car... from what I understand they may be producing my car anyway...

Headed to the dealer in a few mins.. wish me luck.. I'll let you all know how it plays out.

7. Zythryn

Zythryn Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    As others have said, it isn't 3k.
    All the things that are wrapped up in the package are 3k. If you don't want any of the other items in there, then the smart key system may or may not be worth it, personal choice.

8. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    We just do. It's less/easier to type and quicker to type. You'll need to get used to them. Think about the HAH, HCH, FEH, FFH, TCH, NAH and so on. :)

9. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    imo, btw, fwiw, iirc, ymmv!:p

DadofHedgehog likes this.