1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interested in writing for PriusChat?

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Dec 8, 2008.

1. New_Yorker

New_Yorker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    As a lifelong New Yorker I suspect the caustic comments that just naturally surface in my mind would be off limits. I think GM, for example, did all it could to kill the idea of any electric car, and the oil industry helped them to do exactly that. The disgust these people have toward Toyota and the Prius in particular began with that effort to keep Americans driving high consumption, oversized vehicles that helped make the record Oil Giant profits during the Bush Administration Gouge-A-Thon at the gas pumps possible. If it were not for Honda and Toyota taking the hybrid technology to where it is, we'd still be driving high pollution, high consumption vehicles that still clog America's highways in far greater numbers than they should. The U.S. Supreme Court recently opened the Flood Gates to Corporate " Buy Your Own Politician " Money so any notion of a government run by and for "The People" will become an even larger joke in the future than it already was under Bush. It is now official, America does indeed have the best politicians Money Can Buy ! Look at the death blow they just managed on affordable health care. Don't be surprised when the electric car gets shredded in similar manner at their first olpportunity. Remember when they were stoicly making statements that cars, like my 2010 Prius, that could get 50 MPG were just fantasy ? I sure do ! The sale of the ' Plug In ' Prius hybrid is essentially the 'Worst Nightmare' for the oil barons, expect them to try anything they can even now, to kill it.

1 person likes this.
  2. Gurple42

Gurple42 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't think the former GM management team had the brains to plot anything successfully. That company had a 60 year history of truly lousy management decisions till we ended up with "Government Motors". The oil companies have clout, and have been aided by a congress and government that has forgotten the Sherman Antitrust act.
    I do agree however that the Congress of the United States is now a cruel farce for the reasons you mentioned.
    By the way I love my new blue 2011 Prius 2, doing the right thing feels good.