1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interesting Mileage Observation Today

Discussion in 'Prius c Fuel Economy' started by WD0AFQ, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Tracy

Tracy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Nope, battery was where it normally is (5-6 bars). I think the telling thing for me will be if I still get high mileage once I fill up on Washington fuel - then I guess I'll chalk it up to having had some magical engine breakthrough (and then I'll know why Toyota was surprised their EPA mileage didn't come in around 60!). If I fill up here and drop back down again then.....I guess I'll asume Oregon has some seriously kicka$$ gasoline being pumped there lol.

Archeo, I hope it *is* hitting some break-in breakthrough! I'd have expected to read more from others on this though - you and I are definitely behind some of the other folks on miles. Were you really careful with your first 1000 miles? Just wondering what similarities we might find. I was very careful for the first 1k and I think Saturday was the first time I'd gone up to 70 in the C. Maybe the engine likes a very slow break-in and then it needs a nice extended period of running warm and fairly hard (by C terms) to finish shaking out??