1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Featured Interesting Toyota Commercial

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by RRxing, Jun 11, 2020.

1. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    Saw a commercial on TV last night touting ALL of Toyota's hybrid vehicles...EXCEPT THE PRIUS!?!?!

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Makes sense.

Toyota wants to draw attention to the fact that they have hybrid models of their popular traditional vehicles.

fotomoto likes this.
  3. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Yup.

Plus the gen4 platform has been out for 4+ years so it's (relatively) well known and old news.

Also, this thread is useless without pics (umm, video).

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, it is the oldest new hybrid in the line from 2016. The Camry, Avalon, RAV4 and Highlander are all newer.

5. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I'm no marketing genius (I just play one online), but I think showing all available hybrid options might increase interest/$ale$, especially in these interesting times.

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    If I wasn't driving a Std Rng Plus Model 3 that I traded in my last, 2017 Prius Prime, I might care.

Bob Wilson

7. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    actually - their pick up is one of the most popular (not to even bother mentioning their behemoth Sequoia) vehicles - even as many traditional /hatchback sales "settle in" so to speak (prius c /prius v axed) ...... but I have yet (& would LOVE) to hear if / when the pickups / big stuff will be hybridized. THAT'S where REAL mog's get saved. For example, the std Chrysler minivan gets very tepid mileage, whereas the plug-in minivan? It is usually it's above 60mpg blended;

[​IMG]

Sadly - the sedan is much less envogue that it was just a few years ago. Buyers don't mind getting an efficient vehicle - as long as it has tons & tons of interior room, & sits up higher than sedans. Thank goodness Toyota finally plugged in there RAV4 at least. That's a real Saving Grace

#7 hill, Jun 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  8. drash

drash Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Could be because the Prius will no longer be a hybrid? I’ve heard more than one rumor the LQ Concept will morph into the Prius as a BEV. It’s kind of strange looking but no where’s near as strange as the LQ Concept is. The rear wheel won’t be covered.

iPad ? Pro