1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Interesting/unusual junkyard gems

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by cwerdna, Sep 20, 2018.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Anyone here look at junkyard "gems" at places like Autoblog? Some of the cars I have to laugh at (e.g. Pintos, Vegas or GM X cars) and others are interesting.

I do recall Junkyard Gem: 1996 Toyota Camry LE Wagon but totally didn't realize (until a comment in Facebook) that it had two rear wipers. Weird!

Was funny that they linked to Yes, there was a Toyota Cavalier in Japan.. Yes, it's a Chevy Cavalier :eek: adapted for the Japanese market and rebadged as a Toyota. Too bad some of the videos there are dead. I watched bits of that weird training video. Looks like the Toyota Cavalier (w/steering wheel on the correct side for Japan) is being driven around LA.

Oops. I just realized this should go under Other Cars, but I can't delete this thread nor move it.

Mendel Leisk and davecook89t like this.
  2. Georgina Rudkus

Georgina Rudkus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    The Toyota Cavalier most likely have been part of the deal with GM for the NUMMI plant that manufactured the Chevrolet Nova, the US Toyota Corolla, and the Pontiac Vibe.

After the plant was closed during the recession, it was purchased by Elon Musk's consortium for the Tesla plant.

davecook89t likes this.